Tuesday, January 26, 2010

College Life Resumes

Yes, I am finally back at Stevens Point! It's almost as if Winter Break, that more than a month long stretch of boredom, never happened, and exams were just last week. Overall I'm glad to be back, even though my workload is going to be more intense this time around.

So, I've now had all of my classes with the exception of LRes. Here are my thoughts on each:

Philosophy 101: Contemporary Moral Problems: Lots of boring reading, though it shouldn't be extremely difficult. Dr. Chan is understandable, which was a concern, but is all good.

Spanish 314: Don Ricardo, as he insists we call him, speaks Spanish with a European accent. I wonder if it will rub off on me? Lots of work in the cuaderno, but all in all it's not too different from last semester.

English 150: I like the prof; he's fun and engaging, but way too long-winded, and tends to repeat himself. The people in the class are cool. There's Awesome Guy and Ellie from Eastern Religion class last semester, who apparently remembers me. We're doing an odd mix of film review, Shakespeare (Othello and King Lear), Nickel and Dimed, and argumentative essays. Apparently these are all somehow related. Lots of in and out of class writing assignments, as well as lots of watching movies outside of class. This is definitely going to be the source of the majority of my homework.

Poli-Sci 160: Comparative Politics: Wasn't as scary as I thought, but I was in the back row behind some Shaggy impersonator and could see nothing. Again, lots of reading, but nothing I shouldn't be able to handle.

Well, there you have it. My classes with the exception of LRes and Wellness 123, which is not until April. This semester promises to be more academic than last...probably not as many Super Smash Bros. and Golden Eye filled nights and no Glee and Perkins nights until April! But alas! What can be done? Oh, and is it just me, or do there seem to be noticeably less people on campus now than last semester? From the sidewalks to DeBot, it seems strangely empty. It's disconcerting, as I always think I'm late or really early when I leave for class.

Well that's it for this entry. Bye!

1 comment:

Alyssa Kristine said...

sounds like all your classes are decent. hooray for being back at school,but anti hooray for being so far away! booooo! have fun!